Thursday, January 1, 2009

Birth Story

Welcome Keilah Anne Rauch! Born Tuesday, 30 December 2008 at 1:16 am. Weighing 7 lbs 1 oz and measuring 21 inches long.

The contractions started Sunday, late morning. They were spaced far apart, but their strength led me to know she'd be coming any day now. We weren't expecting her for at least 3 weeks, so I needed to get the hospital bag together & make her crib. Monday was more of the same so I did laundry and stripped/washed the car seats for the swap out. Then about 11:30 pm the contractions were intense at 8 minutes apart. I lay in bed for an hour willing them to go away so I could get some sleep, but it wasn't My will that mattered. At 12:30 I gave in and called the Speeds. Our good friend John rushed over in record time to stay with the boys while Chris & I headed to the hospital only 5 minutes away.

We arrived at the hospital a litte before 1 am and my water broke just outside the birth center doors. Once inside it obviously didn't take long to realize the baby was coming and everybody scrambled. We were in the doors less than and hour and I had a baby girl in my arms. Thank goodness the hospital was only 5 mintues away!!!!

9 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Oh, she's so beautiful and she couldn't have been in a cuter pose when you took that pic! Congrats!!

bsafam said...

Congratulations Rauch's! She looks terrific and the boys look thrilled. We know she will be a good addition to your family.

svmama3 said...

Ummm, I love her! She is gorgeous! I cannot wait to meet her in mid-February! I love seeing pics of your little one in pink! Congrats and good job on a fast delivery!

Cami and Billie said...

She is incredibly beautiful!!! I actually don't think I've seen such a pretty newborn baby. Can't wait to meet her! Love you all.

Jes said...

Congratulations to all of you! It's nice to hear a story like that one...no complaining or anything! Great job Heather!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations.

I'm due with a baby girl at the beginning of March and I was just thinking today that I need to bump some things to the top of my to-do list - like getting out the hand-me-downs from Mabel and Rose, getting the bedding ready, all that. I'm glad you got to finish what you wanted to in time -- smart.

Anonymous said...

(I forgot that I meant to sign my name since I used my blog id.)

-Zina

Christine Archibald said...

Glad you made it to the hospital in time! That would have been interesting! She is lovely! Little girls are so precious, maybe I will get one someday!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, Heather and Chris, she's so lovely! We can't believe everything you've been doing. You really are incredible! Hope you have a chance to kick back to aloha speed now that she's here and you're moved in.